Centuria is seeking mid to senior level Database Administrator to support our SPAWAR customer in Chesapeake, VA. This position is contingent upon a pending contract award.
The Database Developers, Analysts and Administrators will be part of a growing team consisting of Business Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, and Operations & Maintenance resources. MFOM provides near real-time material based readiness reporting to the Defense Readiness Reporting System-Navy (DRRS-N) and provides three additional primary capabilities to the Fleet.
The MFOM system mission is to sustain, field, and provide software maintenance support to the PMW 150 MFOM Program Office. This support includes software systems engineering, project management, strategic planning, and sustainment. This support encompasses software maintenance and sustainment, engineering analysis and recommendations, technical, logistical and life cycle support for MFOM.
- Seeking multiple candidates with experience ranging from 3 years to 15 years.
- Minimum requirements are a BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other technical field and minimum 3 years of experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of working with RDB development in MS SQL Server or Oracle to include writing stored procedures, functions, triggers, DDL or Administration.
- Ability to create and alter standardize data structures, queries, stored procedures, triggers, and functions
- Experience with design and code software as part of the Agile development process.
- Experience developing and migrating reports in Reporting Services
- Proper performance tuning and troubleshooting capabilities
- Proper testing practices including SQL Tuner and SQL Trace
- Experience in data backup and recovery procedures including hot and cold backups
- Prepare and maintain Database documentation.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrable experience gathering software requirements with application teams and business leaders and translating that to design and development of software.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrable experience using distributed revision control systems such as Team Foundation Server
- Experience with MFOM program or other similar Navy program is desirable
- Highly organized and detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to use independent judgement in decision making.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Software Engineering Institute's (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI).
- Prior experience providing technical support for custom software products.
- Possess a good understanding of complex business applications. Apply leading industry practices in technology and software development including AGILE and CMMI.
This position requires the candidate to have a current DoD Secret security clearance and to maintain the clearance.
Centuria Corporation is an AA/EOE, M/F/D/V Company. To learn more, visit www.centuria.com