Centuria is seeking a Vice President of Business Development with a track record of success and overt ambition. The ideal candidate is a seasoned senior capture manager with interest in stepping up to a VP position. The ideal candidate would be interested in being both fully hands on in capture and the head of the Business Development department. Centuria is a growing service disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) that provides scientific services, weather radar maintenance, logistics support, software and hardware engineering to civilian agencies and DoD.
This position is in Reston, VA.
- Responsible for identifying, defining, qualifying and pursuing business opportunities
- Ensures pipeline prosecution through active management and support of the business development team
- Collaborates with other internal departments to align interests and to ensure that the BD team has open communication and exchange of information
- Carefully vet teammates for individual opportunities.
- Works with CFO and CEO on establishing and maintaining the BD budget.
- Ensures the preparation of high quality monthly BD pipeline and BD activity reports; communicates BD activities with employees at all levels
- Interface and manage teaming partners for existing relationship as well as developing future partners for upcoming opportunities
- Assist in the development of successful pricing strategies, identifying risks, and interpreting solicitation requirements with BD team on win themes
- Develop and execute effective business development/sales call plans for meetings with target clients, program managers and industry partners.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including other business development and capture team members, client executives, program managers, and corporate management to ensure effective and efficient capture management.
- Conducts weekly BD meetings
- Continually analyze the company’s competition and formulate plans to develop and maintain an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+ years extensive experience in capture management and proposal development in government services industry and will function as the corporate "expert" in all things BD.
- A record of success in proposal wins from 5m to 100m in government contracting arena.
- Previous supervisory or team management experience desired.
- Proven experience winning re-competed business in the $100 million size range.
- A can-do attitude and a positive spirit.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Requires a serious, go getter with real desire, able to work in an intense, fast moving environment with like-minded people.
- Candidate must align with our core values of commitment, honor, and integrity.
- Experience with NOAA, NWS, FAA, USPTO and other civilian agencies
- Task order delivery shop experience
Benefits include Bonus potential, Major Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), Vacation, Paid Federal Holidays and more!
This position will be a direct contributor to future enhancements of Centuria’s benefits package by growing Centuria’s contract portfolio.
Centuria Corporation is an AA/EOE, M/F/D/V Company. To learn more, visit www.centuria.com.